Monday, October 17, 2011

How To Stop Nervous Laughing With Hypnosis

Not sure if any of you experienced nervous laughing, but I have when I was pregnant and I would just laugh about every thing and anything especially when it was not funny or appropriate.

But after I gave birth, this habit left me and I never had this experience before, until I had clients asking me to help them stop laughing, and I tell you, I had a client few years back, and he was laughing out so loud, and no matter how hard I stopped my self from laughing with him, I couldn't, and I didn't want him to think I was laughing at him... and I end up laughing together with my client for a good 20 minutes, until I was out of breath, which I had to do some deep breathing exercises myself to stop the laughter... Oh boy... it was so contagious, and as a result of that specific experience, I end up helping more people with nervous laughing.

First you must understand that your client is not laughing because he or she is funny, but because they are nervous.

find out when it happens, why it happens, and is it with the same people or strangers or specific events or situations...

Nervous laughing is stress related behavior which with time it can become an habitual response, and it's a subconscious response.

After you find out what's going on, teach your client to relax, and when ever she or he start laughing, remind them to start taking a deep breaths and as they remind themselves to be calm, and with each and every breath their laughter will be replaced with deep breaths, as they are relaxing their mind, and their reaction to any situation or stress level.

Hope this helps, feel free to share your experience or if you have any questions.

Coach Doreen Cohanim C.Ht, MM

No comments:

Post a Comment